Senior Process Engineer
Houston, United States
Global Edge is an international staffing firm connecting projects worldwide with the industry’s most talented project professionals. We work with high level technical and commercial personnel across multiple industries including Oil and Gas, Energy, Renewables, Infrastructure, Automotive and Motorsports, IT, Marine, Mining, and more. With offices strategically located worldwide, Global Edge is known for the highest level of delivery for our clients and contractors.
Our team is currently looking for
an experienced and energeticSenior Process Engineer for a client in the Oil and Gas industry with relevant LNG project experience. This position will be split part time between support for a specific LNG project during the development phase, and development of other projects and technologies.
Support the Integrated Project Management Team (IPMT) and will collaborate closely with the other functional teams on the Project. During engineering design phases, this support will include close collaboration with multi-discipline Subject Matter Experts from the Project Management Contractor and review of Project deliverables. Additionally, the Senior Process Engineer will be expected to work with Company Operations to develop Commissioning, Startup, and normal Operations procedures, and then will assist with these activities on site.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- likely to require travel to contractor offices, the FLNG fabrication site (in South Korea), and the Project field site up to 25% of the time during EPC and initial Operations phases of the Project.
- Support the LNG Project design, execution, and early operations.
- Ensure engineering design meets Company requirements for Process Safety, production rates, operability, and reliability.
- Ensure proper interface between the Onshore Facility and the FLNGs component designs such that the overall design is a single integrated facility.
- Develop a full plant simulation model mirroring that produced by the FLNG Contractor and the Onshore Contractor(s) which provides a full simulation for the overall facility.
- Verify engineering design has been properly implemented in the as-built facility.
- Work closely with the Operations organization to develop plans and procedures for Commissioning, Startup, and Operations.
- Support Commissioning, Startup, and early Operations of the Onshore and FLNG components of the facility, to ensure systems are running properly and reliably, and have been tested in accordance with commercial requirements.
- Develop new potential energy transfer technologies, including green and blue hydrogen projects, renewable energy technologies, and carbon-emission free hydrogen shipping technologies.
- Evaluate options for carbon capture and sequestration, or carbon utilization to reduce emissions from existing or planned projects.
- Develop corporate capabilities, including, but not limited to:
- Standard engineering processes and procedures
- Methods for generating quick and accurate evaluation of concepts, as well as operating and reliability decision criteria
- Templates and models to use for facility benchmarking and troubleshooting
- Engineering Information and Operational Information systems providing links between operating facilities and corporate teams
- Develop standard corporate dashboards, drawing data from properly configured information systems, to provide useful, customized, actionable information regarding Project and Facility management.
- Support corporate groups requiring engineering input for evaluation of facilities, including HSE, commercial, legal, and regulatory teams.
- Communicate regularly with VP LNG Technology, to ensure awareness of all ongoing development efforts.
- Other work as needed in support of successful Project delivery and development of corporate systems.
- Minimum of 15 years experience and shall have filled Senior Process Engineering Roles on Other Projects
- Minimum of 5 years of field or field support experience for operating LNG Facilities, experience must include lead or supervisory roles.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Process Engineering or Project Leadership role(s) executing large capital projects.
- Relevant background in LNG process design, commissioning, startup and operation of LNG facilities and development of other technologies.
- Expected to be knowledgeable about LNG production processes, machinery, equipment, and control systems used in LNG processing, LNG Project execution, and hydrocarbon facility Process Safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe, reliable designs and operations, and experience implementing process and personal operational safety programs.
- Experience in facility commissioning, startup, and early operations is considered an advantage. Candidate should have experience developing and implementing procedures for these Project phases.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment, including influencing functional and design groups not in their direct reporting line.
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing, designing, or operating alterative green energy technologies is considered an advantage. Such alternatives might include renewable energy projects, blue or green hydrogen production, and alternate gas-derived chemicals for energy transport such as methanol or ammonia.
- Knowledge of or experience with carbon capture and sequestration technologies, is considered an advantage.
- Experience at construction/fabrication worksites is considered an advantage.
- Relevant experience in Canada, or working on Canadian projects, is considered an advantage.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with common engineering software tools is considered an advantage; such tools might include Hysys, E3D, SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant instrumentation, engineering Document Management Systems, PI Asset applications.