Contractor Social and Economic Development Performance Supervisor
Cabo Delgado, Mozambique
Contractor Social and Economic Development Performance SupervisorLOCATION:
Cabo Delgado – rotation 28/28
Global Edge is an international firm specializing in project staffing for the Energy sector, with a presence in Mozambique since 2014. We are the game changers and multi-award-winning agency in the global staffing arena, redefining what excellence means in recruitment.
Our client, a global leading provider in the Energy industry, is looking to appoint a successful Contractor Social and Economic Development Performance Supervisor to be based in Cabo Delgado.ACTIVITIES
• Contribute to capturing bottlenecks, improvement opportunities, and lessons learned related to the SED Strategy.
• Contribute to capturing bottlenecks, improvement opportunities, and lessons learned related to the SED Strategy on the Contractors Social and Economic Development chapter.
• Elaborate, with the involvement of key internal and external stakeholders, the Annual (52- weeks) Contractors Social and Economic Development Plan.
• Ensure field-level awareness and understanding of Contractor Social and Economic Development Performance requirements as defined in contracts by working with C&P (Contracts & Procurement) to review contracts and compile a database of contractor social management requirements.
• Ensure that grievances related to construction contract footprint are correctly registered on the grievance framework based on Performance Standards.
• Work with Contractors to ensure awareness, understanding and capacity to address Social and Economic Development Performance requirements.
• Design and delivery of Social and Economic Development Performance training modules for contractors.
• PMO the Implementation of the Contractor Social and Economic Development Performance Verification, Monitoring and Assurance System to ensure Contractors are meeting obligations. The system will identify key drivers of social risk – location, geography, community interface, workforce, etc. – to prioritize activities.
• Working with contractors to implement corrective actions when gaps in SED Performance are identified.
• Act as the primary point of contact between Construction contractors and the Socioeconomic Development Team.
• Undertake routine monitoring and evaluation of Construction Contractors’ Social and Economic Development Programs
• Reporting On Contractor Social Performance on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual basis, as required.
• Implement process standardization and monitoring over all the functions within the stakeholder engagement plan.
• Develop scope of work for consulting, and technical services related to stakeholders’ engagement plans.
• Manage contracts within her/his scope of work as per the company guidelines.
• Review IP (Implementing Partners) reports and provide guidance to achieve the objectives established in the SOW (Scope of Work).
• Implement continuous improvement based on Lean methodology in SED Department and cross-cutting functions.
Keep the institutional memory stored and updated.QUALIFICATION/EXPERIENCED REQUIRED
• Master’s Degree in economics, social science, rural development, and similar areas.
• 10 years of relevant working experience, preferably combining Social and Economic Development with Contracting & Procurement.
• It requires a detailed understanding and experience of qualitative data collection and experience in the supervision of qualitative data collection.
• PMO skills on a cross-cutting environment.
• It requires proficiency in English and Portuguese (speaking one of the key languages from Cabo Delgado is an advantage).