Senior Wells Engineer
Houston, United States
Global Edge is an international staffing firm connecting projects worldwide with the industry’s most talented project professionals. We work with high level technical and commercial personnel across multiple industries including Oil and Gas, Energy, Renewables, Infrastructure, Automotive and Motorsports, IT, Marine, Mining, and more. With offices strategically located worldwide, Global Edge is known for the highest level of delivery for our clients and contractors.Position Overview
Our team is currently looking for a Senior Wells Engineer for a client in the Oil and Gas industry.
A WTE Sand Control engineer is expected to be able to design and execute different types of sand control solutions safely and efficiently. In this role, an engineer would be expected to able to select the sand face completion concepts for different development options, design the sand control for a given set of reservoir data, detailed design of cased hoe gravel packs and openhole gravel packs, lead pumping operations during execution, and complete post job analysis.
• The role provides an opportunity to develop critical technical experience and understand the value of delivery of wells worldwide.
• The team is highly experienced and freely shares ideas and feedback to bring up the performance of everyone on the team.
• The team ensures that each installation has the best chance of success.
• The WTE Sand Control team is currently supporting projects in the US Gulf of Mexico, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, Brunei, Nigeria, the North Sea, The Netherlands, Australia, Malaysia, Egypt, and Namibia.
• All members on the team have opportunities to travel to these locations as necessary.
• The level of support ranges from providing feedback to local engineers/service companies up to and including full design and execution, depending on the requirements of the project.
• In total the team will pump more than 25 gravel packs and frac packs in 2022 while at the same time assisting other projects with new technology development and laboratory analysis.
• The scope in 2023 is expected to exceed 50 gravel packs and frac packs. WTE also participates in production lookbacks and workshops to identify sand control challenges and support remediation opportunities.
• Travel to other offices within the USA and around world may be required depending upon the project / asset team requiring support/expertise.
• Travel to the field site, generally offshore rigs, is also required in some cases to provide consultation and supervision support during the execution of the various jobs.Responsibilities & Essential Duties
• Lead the design, planning and management of drilling operations and integration with relevant stakeholders including contractors
• Translates the guidelines and standards into practice and provides technical recommendations which have perceptible impact on local business performance
• Actively drives the identification, development and implementation of new technologies and opportunities to optimize field operations
• Contributes to the training and guidance of other professions in the field.
• May represent the company external as a subject matter expert with suppliers, customers, and external agencies
• Determines own work plan and coordinates inputs from others to meet specific objectives Deals with mid-level wells engineering complexity, including development of casing and tubing string design and the selection of the appropriate well activity unit
• Has a direct impact on wells operations? budget efficiency.
• This job profile contains generic information and does not describe individual positions or required job competenciesQualifications (Education, Experience, & Skills)
• 15 years of work experience with projects required fracturing or sand control
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar study, from an accredited university is required
• Sound understanding of sand control techniques and operations including cased hole and open hole technologies
• Experience in hydraulic fracturing design or operations in tight reservoirs
• Demonstration of ability to understand and meet customers' needs and value drivers
• Experience with StimPlan and PackPro preferred (but not required)
• Ability to mentor and coach younger staff on technical and non-technical topics
• Prepare Completion Design Options and Program
• Specify Well Control Equipment and Execute Well Control Operations
• Execute Well Completion Operations
• Understanding of surface hydraulic pumping equipment and well control equipment
• Ability to pull in lessons learned from other regions and projects and apply them to current projects.
• Understanding of HSSE management techniques and the commitment to deliver HSSE performance.
• Able to integrate into a multidisciplinary team to deliver maximum value for a project
• Ability to deal with competing priorities and demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple projects at once.
• Ability to interface with third party service providers including technology development, project execution, and contracting and procurement activities
Global Edge Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Global Edge Group, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.